The Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation (APSF) announces a Request for Proposals (RFP) to study the implementation and performance of the
The deadline for receipt of a proposal is November 1, 2013 for a grant scheduled for funding to begin May 1, 2014.
- APSF intends to provide up to $200,000 for a period not to exceed 2 years.
- The proposed study should be a prospective observational clinical trial utilizing the APSF PIPS checklist with a matched and/or parallel control group not cared for with the utilization of the checklist.
- The proposals will be evaluated by a scientific review committee selected by APSF.
- Proposals will be assessed for merit based primarily on their likelihood of meeting the contractual objectives outlined in the RPF as well as the proposed study’s scientific rigor, innovation, and cost-effectiveness.
- The principal investigator must be an experienced scientist from a North American institution.
- A contract mechanism will be used and funds will be awarded to a single institution.
- Funding will be contingent upon acceptable modifications to the proposal based on feedback from the APSF review committee as well as appropriate IRB and institutional approvals.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request grant guidelines and an application.